THINGS NEEDED FOR CAMP (DOCUMENTS)
Eh hennnn…… my fellow incoming ‘otondos’ in case you haven’t read this post from earlier last year about the documents you need for registration and such, please here are the important things you need to know:
Official NYSC Camp Registration Requirements:
1. CALL UP LETTER: This is a vital part of camp registration and the only evidence that you are a prospective corps member (colloq. Corper, or Otondo) and you are not impersonating anyone. This will be taken from and not returned to you. So if at all you even forget you luggage never forget this.
Tip: Since many will choose the N4,000 option to print online, do try to use a café with laser jet printers and not DeskJet. Why? Documents printed with DeskJets are more susceptible to water/moisture damage. Just to be on a safer side and you should do this with any document you intend to keep for a very long time. If you can’t find a LaserJet, use anyone.
Tip: DO NOT LAMINATE IT! And keep it like its your life. I know someone who was sent back because she forgot hers. Also someone who had to beg and beg before his letter was collected because he laminated his own copy. So please avoid all these stress and make enough copies of this letter.
Tip: Remember you can REPRINT your Call-Up letter online if subscribed (N4,000) to that option.
2. Registration Documents: If you’re a foreign graduate, take along the original credentials you uploaded (to the NYSC Portal) for physical verification / evaluation. >> The List here
Sponsored: Missed The Experience 2015? Watch Videos here
3. Green Card: It contains your bio-data. Print and bring along your signed copy.
4. Final Year Student IDENTITY CARD
5. Notification/STATEMENT OF RESULT from School
6. PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS: Now make about 10 copies of every document required. There would be photocopiers in camp at mammy market but trust me, it is double the price and it saves time.
7. PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS: This is very important. Take as many as you can, about 20 in red backgrounds. You would need them for different kinds of registration. e.g, skill acquisition groups, religious groups, sports, redeployment, bank account opening e.t.c
8. My CLEAR BAG: You’ll need to put the aforementioned in a portable envelope/bag that can withstand some amount of wear/tear. Hence, My Clear Bag.
Tip: The forms that will be handed to you are very easy to fill. Attach your passport where necessary and fill them correctly. After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN throughout your Service Year.
9. CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: NYSC has requested that all incoming Corps members provide a medical report/certificate to verify their state of health before they will be accepted into orientation camp. This came as a result of the three deceased Corpers that lost their live during a Batch B Stream II orientation camp period. Be sure to get one from a government or military hospital. For Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses & Lab Scientists, take along your proof of certification. Graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively.
10. STATIONERY: PEN, PAPER, GUM. Yeah this saves time and lots of unnecessary begging.
Tip: Some camps do seize staplers at the gate during check-in. But do not forget to include pins in your stapler if you still decide to take it along.
You will be given a meal ticket that gives you access to the Camp kitchen for the 21 days. Lose it and you have to feed yourself. Even if you do not intend to use it, you will come across someone who would appreciate the kind gesture.
Tip: After getting your NYSC State Code Number (which you have to wear around your neck all through camp with your ID card), you can proceed to claim your NYSC Kit and Mattress after which you can proceed to get a Room. After you have gotten your kit and secured a place in the hostels, you can settle down and you are good to go to start the Military parades.
Now, Your NYSC kit should contain 1 NYSC Crested Vest, A pair of Khaki Trousers, Cap and Jacket, 2 White T-shirts, 2 Pairs of Knickers, 2 pairs of green-stripped Stockings, A Pair of Orange Jungle Boots and One Pair of White Converse. A “Belt” is also included.
Tomorrow we’ll repost some of the personal items you need in camp to help you survive. See you till then.
I HV laminated both my statement of result and certificate so what should I do